Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Disillusioned

We walked off the plane at the airport in Shannon Ireland at 7:00 am, hustled through the nearly-empty customs lines and I quickly made my way to the bathroom. As I looked down into the urinal I noticed that the screen sitting in the bottom was stamped with the clover-emblazoned logo of Murphy Supply Company with a very strange looking phone number.

It was a small thing, not really that important. But it made me smile a little bit. Here I was in Ireland and everything was Irish, right down to the urinal filter. Everything seemed right and complete, a perfect little ecosystem that we walked right into.

One week later, we walked off the plane at CVG in Northern Kentucky at 5:00 pm, hustled through baggage claim and I quickly made my way to the bathroom. As I looked down into the urinal I learned a little something and took the picture above.

No comments:

Post a Comment