Thursday, August 20, 2009

Yet

"Hosea, name your son 'Jezreel' because I will soon punish the house of Jehu for the massacre at Jezreel."
"Hosea, name your daughter 'Lo-Ruhamah' (not loved) for I will no longer show love to the house of Israel."
"Hosea, name your son 'Lo-Ammi' (not my people) for you are not my people and I am not your God."

"Yet the Israelites will be like the sand on the seashore, which cannot be measured or counted. In the place where it was said to them, 'You are not my people,' they will be called 'sons of the living God.'"

YET.
We sin, yet God forgives.
We suffer the consequences, yet God comforts us along the way.
We fall, yet God lifts us up.
We push away at every turn, yet God pulls us closer.
We are faithless, yet God is faithful.
We turn away, yet God remains.
We fail, yet God brings success.
We run away, yet God welcomes us home.
We grumble outside, yet God invites us in.
We do everything we can to make God angry, yet His love never falters or weakens.

No comments:

Post a Comment