Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Lydia's Leadings

"The Lord opened her heart to respond to Paul's message."

The Lord opened her heart, he didn't respond for her. It was still Lydia's decision to make, she was still the one who had to take action. She still had to choose. She still had to move, to act.

I'm guessing that most people have been there. They've been in a situation where they gain some understanding or some insight. They feel called or know they should respond, yet when it is time for them to do their part, they sit and wait for the moment to pass.

How many times has God opened my heart to respond and I've failed to act?
How many opportunities has God presented that I've ignored (willingly or because I wasn't paying attention or because I had other things to do or because I was embarrassed or because...).

No comments:

Post a Comment